Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Cows and Construction

If you're an avid blog reader of mine, you'll have read the last blog post and the reference to sleeping next to the horses.

Most of the time, guides and choferes get to 1. Share a room and 2. Sleep in the 'humbly' furnished rooms that are a far cry from what everyone else is staying in. I'm not asking for sympathy. I get why they put us there. We are often non-paying guests.

However, Hacienda Guachipelin takes it to a whole new level. They put us right next to the horse corral. So no matter what time of day it is, you can always smell (like) a horse. In fact, as I sit here in the Central Valley hundreds of kilometers away from the place, I am pretty sure I just caught a lasting whiff of it coming out of my luggage.

Anyway, this morning I had to wake up at 2:45AM to see part of my group off to the airport. I got up, did my job, and went back to bed around 3:15AM. Promptly at 5:00AM, I hear this awful bellowing coming from a whole herd of cattle who apparently were less than pleased that they, too, were being woken up at that time of day. I guess the horse corral is also used for cattle. Super.

Shortly following the incessant mooing that was keeping me awake, the hotel decided to begin construction right next to Gabby's and my room. Who doesn't like the sound of a rotary saw and belt sander before the sun is up? I know I don't.

So that being said, I'm a little tired this evening. I have a feeling that my first evening off is going to be celebrated by an early bedtime. I already had my celebratory beer(s) last night. : )

Pura vida,

Jessica Lynn




No comments:

Post a Comment