Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Oh, Near Da Beach, Mon

I finally made it to the coast last Friday! Yay!

Friday, was spent in Tamarindo with surf lessons and hanging out with Diego, my boss's son. I went to the surf lessons with the group, but I got the "big kid" board--not the beginner board that everyone else gets. I'm always grateful for this. I got up every time and surfed quite a bit! The currents were really strong that day too!

Afterward, I met up with Diego and wandered around Tamarindo for a while. I was so grateful to get to spend time with him. Diego was 12 when I first started working at CPI and he came along to help out with my first group that I ever chaperoned. He's now nearly 18, fully grown, and a wonderful young man. I had had a pretty rough previous five days before getting to the beach, and the time spent with Diego was just what I needed. I can't believe how grown up he is! : )

Diego!

Tamarindo in the evening.

I also spent a little time at Playa Penca, a quiet, local beach with great sand and warm water. Life was good.




Pura vida,

Jessica Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment