Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Learning Japanese

...is not as easy as you might think.

Because I'm going to Japan in a month to visit my brother, I figured I should learn some basic Japanese phrases before going. At this point, I have learned "Yes", "No", and "Please." I have zero frame of reference for this language, so when all else fails it comes out sounding like Spanish. Oh boy.

This will be the first time that I have traveled somewhere where I truly do not know the language. I'm excited, yet a little nervous, for it all! Kristen is coming too, so we'll figure it out together! I'm hoping "Big Tuna" (aka John) can help us out enough to get by.

Here's to climbing Mt. Fuji and eating the best sushi in the world!

Upcoming world travels: San Jose to Jacksonville, Augusta to Dayton, Cincinnati to Tokyo.
Pura vida (or maybe it's さようなら)
Jessica Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment