Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Earthquake!

I woke up delirious on Sunday morning (July  6) to my bed shaking. I was also feeling mareada from being dehydrated, but I definitely felt an earthquake. Later in the news, I saw that it registered a 4.9, and the epicenter was close to where I was staying!

I knew my bed had to be shaking for a reason...

Contrary to what everyone asked me, I did not evacuate my room. Why? Well, I have zero training in how to react to an earthquake. If it was a fire or tornado, I would know exactly what to do. Having not lived in an earthquake-prone area, my first reaction was think, "Huh. I wonder what that is?"


This now means that Dad, John and I have all experienced an earthquake while being out of the country this year. Is that a good stat to have?
The villa where I was staying when I felt the earthquake.

The fancy toilet in the villa that has little relevance to this post.

Pura vida,

Jessica Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment