Monday, June 29, 2009

10k Walkathon

Well my new homestay is approximately 5 kilometers from school these days. That adds up to about a 30 minute walk to get to work. It's downhill on the way there and uphill the whole way back. Granted, I live with a woman who works there and can get a ride, but I went in late today so another chaperone and I walked together. Regardless, I got in my exercise in for the day because I walked back too. 10k walkathon today.

Anyway, work today was so hectic. It was nonstop chaos for 8 hours. We had 6 six different groups in and out all day; testing, touring, coordinating, playing games. It was crazy. I helped as much as I could and when I could, but wow, it was exhausting. I also met with the group leader for my new group that arrives tomorrow. He seems really laid back and is pretty funny. We should have a good time together, I hope!

Anyway, Meggie and I are headed to the mall tonight for a little bit. I'll hopefully write more later!

Besitos,
Jessica Lynn

::Things learned from shopping tonight::
1. I found my favorite store: it carries lime green and hot pink clothes
2. Costa Rican swimsuits were not made for this American body. Hello Brazilian cut bottoms, See ya later Jessica.
3. You can never go wrong with an ice cream run even if it's your only purchase for the day (still keeping up the vacation tradition).

1 comment: