Friday, June 19, 2009

In the Middle of a Monsoon


It has now rained in 2 completely different directions. It's a monsoon outside.

We can now add a 3rd direction and lightning to the mix.

There's a short break in the rain. I'm making a run for it!

Chao pescado.

:: :: :: ::
Good news, in case anyone was concerned for my safety, I made it home without drowning. I had to build a small raft to get there and it was treacherous navigating my way down the streets with all of the potholes, but in the end I arrived safe and sound despite the aquacero (downpour). I won’t let the Costa Rica rains get the best of me!

I made it to the gym tonight which was a welcomed relief to the week and a great way to release some endorphins and stress. I think I’m going to be sore tomorrow.

I took the group to Café Britt today and for those of you coffee lovers (and non coffee lovers) it’s one of the best tours I’ve been on down here. The people at Café Britt somehow managed to make the history of coffee really amusing and interesting. The kids even enjoyed it! Anyway, Café Britt is the number one exported coffee in Costa Rica and by far the most expensive. However, it’s also gourmet coffee and some of the best tasting. Café Britt also makes really good chocolate covered almonds… As a side note, Costa Rican coffee in general is number one in the world right now. Oh, and the lighter the roast, the higher the caffeine. The longer you roast coffee, the more caffeine it loses. Para que sepa...(just for you to know).

All right, it’s a Friday night and I have no where to go. I’m thinking about heading up the street to hang out with a couple other chaperones and call it a night. I’m going to be up early tomorrow to see my group off for the weekend. I have the day off tomorrow and then I’ll be meeting up with them in Flamingo. I’m looking forward to relaxing tomorrow. Chaos ensues on Sunday. : )

I have now been here a total of 3 weeks. Time is moving quickly and before I know it I’ll be home and starting my first real job. I’m taking it one day at a time down here because that’s the only way you can take it. It’ll be high anxiety come August and the realization sets in that I am about to be in charge of the education of nearly 100 students…but until then, Pura Vida.

I’m headed out for the evening. Have a wonderful night and weekend. Los extraño mucho.

Chao pescado,
Jessica Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment