Sunday, June 28, 2009

US Men's Soccer and UD Men's Bball

Today, I was watching the US Soccer team play Brazil and I couldn't help but note the similiarities between the US Soccer team and my very own Dayton Flyers.

The US Soccer team, although not a world powerhouse, can usually manage to hold it's own against the big teams, much like UD. Both are becoming more reputable in big league play. Both can play with the best as long as they brought their A-game (which isn't necessarily every game). Both have their moments when they will crush a big powerhouse and other times when they are being crushed. Finally, the biggest point of similiarity is how UD and the US are first-half teams. They will put up their best game and be charging toward a big victory, and then halftime rolls around and you're never sure which team is going to emerge from the locker room--either one that is going to give up all they gained, or fight to the death to keep their lead. Unfortunately today, the US chose the former. Bummer : ( Regardless, I love my Flyers and I'm beginning to love US soccer.

So I went for a 'run' today. I use quotations because the word run is relative. My knee is still really bothering me so I opted for 2 minutes on, 1 minute off for 20 minutes. This seemed to work out well enough and I'm hopeful that if I'm patient with it, I'll gain enough strength to really start running again. Patience... easier said than done.

All right, it's dinner time here shortly! I have the day off tomorrow which I am really excited about!

Chao pescado!
Jessica Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment