Saturday, June 20, 2009

Wii play. Do you?

It’s raining cats and dogs again right now, but I’m safe and sound inside just hanging out and enjoying my day off. I got up early this morning and saw my group off before the weekend. They are hiking at Rincon de la Vieja which I went to last year. I’ll be meeting up with them in Flamingo tomorrow. I am jealous that they are going surfing tomorrow though…

So after my 6 a.m. wake up call, I got a call from my boss wanting to know if I wanted to come over and play with her youngest son while her and her husband ran out to take care of some errands. I gladly obliged! I love her kids! She has 3 sons but today it was just the youngest. The oldest actually comes along with me and my groups and helps me out. He’s great to have around and does really well with the kids!

Anyway, the youngest is 5 and a bundle of energy. We started out at 9 a.m. and headed to the pool in their neighborhood. We played every game imaginable for about in hour in the pool and he’s quite the little water bug. From there we grabbed some strawberries and mango as a snack and played Wii Fit for a while. (He was preoccupied for a good hour making sure I got my own Mii person set up on the Wii). From there we headed out to the park and played “Sharks” on the equipment. It was a game he invented that involved me chasing him around the entire playground for an hour. I also had to show him my ‘trick’ again. My ‘trick’ is a back tuck, but that’s how I made friends with him the first time I met him I think. So I did my ‘trick’ (as he calls it) and then he did one for me! It was a great somersault. : ) I think we get along so well because he is always climbing things and rolling around, and I only aide him by letting him climb all over me and then helping him do more flips and rolls. He’s like a little monkey.

I finished up at their house around 4 and I’ve just been back at my home stay hanging out. I packed up everything for my transfer to the beach tomorrow and rearranged my suitcase and backpack to make them more functional. I’m pretty sure dinner is on the way shortly.

I have a very busy upcoming week and it looks as though it will be pretty hectic, but it’s the beach so…pura vida. I’ll be living with Meggie in Flamingo and I’m really looking forward to that. Now if only Maria could join us…

Anyway, I’m not going to make it to church tomorrow, so I’m going to get out my Bible for a while. I will talk to you all soon. Nos vemos pronto!

Amor,
Jessica Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment