Monday, July 27, 2009

Adjustments

I am back in the states now. Life is different here than in Costa Rica. I miss those that I left behind and can't wait to see them again soon. : ) Muni, Gerry, Meggie, Maria, and the whole Najarro family--I Love You and Miss You : )

Kristen was genuinely amused on the flight back yesterday as I tried to acclimate myself back to life in the States. I spent 20 extra seconds in the bathroom trying to locate the trashcan to put my toilet paper until I remembered that it could once again go in the toilet. I felt awkwardly out of place being surrounded by English speakers and that using English should be my first instinct once again. I answered 'Gracias' followed by a quick 'Thank You' when the stewardess handed me a drink. I'm still adjusting...

Anyway, Kristen and I had a smooth flight back to the ATL and then later to Dayton. Liberia's airport where we left from is a glorified barn, allowing only one flight to leave at a time. Their version of security meant holding your liquids bag up to the light and handing it back to you. You also don't have to remove your shoes through security. The final 'security' checkpoint before boarding included a woman peeking into my backpack and handing it back. They were a little more thorough with Kristen. She got the wand and a search of her carry-ons. We think it was because the security guy just wanted to talk to her. He seemed more interested in conversation than the actual contents of her bags.

Anyway, we arrived back in Dayton around 11 and Mom, Dad and John were there to greet us with carrots and popcorn--my favorites! It was so good to see my family again. It seems so long ago that they dropped me off at the airport.

So ends my Costa Rica blog for the summer...I hope to have another next year : )

Muchisimo Amor,
Jessica Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment