Friday, July 10, 2009

One Red Tomato

From Thursday...

Oh boy, I’m burnt. I am as red as a tomato. Oops. Good thing we left for the mountains today and we’ll be in the Central Valley for the remainder of the trip. I won’t be able to go near a beach for a week. I’m that roasted. At least it’ll tan…

Anyway, this morning we got up and went to the beach for a little while. Our chauffeur brought pizza to us on the beach at noon and then we stopped by CPI to change clothes before departing for Monteverde. I was so excited to get back to Monteverde. It’s my favorite place and I don’t get to come here nearly enough. The bus trip was about 4 hours and we passed the time by sleeping and watching a bootlegged version of Transformers 2. This version was at least in English. The last one we tried to watch was in Russian with Spanish subtitles.

We finally arrived in Monteverde and settled in to our really nice hotel. My room leaves a little to be desired though. I have no windows and it’s carefully tucked under the stairwell so that if you’re not paying attention, you miss the door to the room. It’s a room that is typically given to guides and chauffeurs so I can’t complain. At least I have a bed…or two. I’m not sharing with the chauffeur this time so I have the whole room to myself. : )

We finished out the evening by going to a synthetic soccer court that is more or less indoors. We ate dinner there and then played soccer for and hour and a half. It was great! I had a blast. I don’t get to play soccer very often and so I thoroughly enjoyed it. I really would like to play more.

Well, the internet is a little shaky here in MV so I’m not sure how much I’ll be able to post until we get back to Heredia in a few days. We are in Monteverde tomorrow, Arenal Volcano on Saturday and then back to Heredia on Sunday. We are making a few short stops before heading back to the Central Valley (Heredia) until the kids leave. We have an exciting few days and I’m going zip lining tomorrow!

Buenas noches y dulces sueños,
Jessica Lynn

1 comment:

  1. sounds like you were in #35 at Poco a Poco...I dodged that one. Miss you : )

    ReplyDelete