Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Delicacies

Here's a rundown, in no particular order, of some Costa Rican treats. These have been discovered by me and others along the way!

1. Chocolate milk from Dos Pinos and Jet bars--when Kristen came to visit a few years ago, while she was in the shower I ran out to get us a snack and this is what I ended up with. She's been getting a Jet bar from Costa Rica every year since... :)

2. Sesame nuggets!!!! Kristen can relate.

3. Coffee flavored ice cream in Monteverde


4. Costa Rican coffee... I'm a coffee snob these days.


5. Gallo Pinto--national dish of Costa Rica. Made with? You guessed it. Rice and beans. Me encanta!
6. "Trits" an ice cream invention that you're sure to love. Vanilla/chocolate swirl ice cream sandwiched between two crumbly cookies.


7. Imperial. Need I say more?


8. Homemade baked goods from a local panadería with dulce de leche. :)

9. Tamales made by the local church organization in Monteverde!

No comments:

Post a Comment