Sunday, July 15, 2012

Vamos a la Playa!

I finally got to the beach.

It's been difficult to be working 50 meters from the beach and not be able to just go out and sit along it. Every day I see it and want to relax on it, just for an hour, nada más. So today, I did. :)

The only reason I managed it is because I finally took a lunch break. Most of my lunches this week have consisted of a run over to the minisuper to get an apple and come back to school. I was determined today would be different. Having taken care if absolutely everything on my list of things to do, I informed the front desk I was getting lunch today and then proceeded to go buy my apple and simply continue on the road leading to the beach. It was glorious. For an I hour I laid there in the white sands with no phone calls, questions, or wild goose hunts to locate someone. I'm not greedy so after the hour was up, I headed back to school--completely satisfied and a little more tan than before. :)

Now...if I could just convince myself that I should take lunch at that time every day, I'd be all set!

I did forget to mention that today was the perfect day for it because the sun was still shining and there wasn't a cloud in sight this afternoon!

Pura Vida,
Jessica Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment