Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Eighties Cover Band Heartthrob

Out here on the beach this week...

I made sure on Monday that after the bus dropped me off at the apartments that I hustled back to the beach to watch the sunset. Given that it's the rainy season in Costa Rica, you can never be guaranteed a sunset due to rain or cloud cover in the evening. So when I saw that there wasn't a cloud in sight at 5:00 p.m. I made sure to get back to the beach!

Puesta del Sol: Playa Flamingo
As usual, the western sky didn't disappoint, and I hustled back to the apartments before dark (the road I live on gets really dangerous at night!) but not before stopping by the supermercado to check for Jet Bars for my sister and I...no luck. : (
 
 
Last night was spent at a restaurant called The Mariner in Flamingo with a group of students that I'm living in the residencies with. Added bonus: live music! And let me tell you, I wish I had a camera. The lead singer with his tattooed arms, cut-off button down shirt (that was only buttoned to his belly button), tight rocker jeans and long hair was rockin' out to the likes of Summer of '69, Highway to Hell, You Give Love a Bad Name, and any other popular eighties tune. He was driving the middle-aged women crazy. I witnessed moves never seen before from one woman in particular who was gyrating about as much as the lead singer. It was fabuloso.
 
 
Anyway, when I came home I crawled into bed and woke up early for a 6 miler up the mountain (yes, there are mountains on the coast line) with awesome ocean views!
 
 
Today I'm in the office doing small projects and helping out where I can. I'm about to make a lunch run through because I'm hungry for a salad. : )
 
 
Costa Rican Curiosity addition: Cuba Libre in a can. As if making a ron y coca were so difficult. Que asco... :(

All right, off to obtain my salad!

Pura vida,
Jessica Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment