Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Drowning of My Camera

Where My Camera Currently Resides


My camera drowned yesterday from what appeared to be a leaky water bottle. I am quite baffled though, because the bottom of my bag was flooded with water, but very little was gone out of my water bottle. My camera is now quietly resting in a bed of rice, but chances are slim that it will resurrect itself and come back to life. Sigh…I happen to love my camera, so this is disappointing. To add insult to injury (and my novio reminded me), I am carrying two dry bags with me this year—which were otherwise occupying all of my other electronics. I can at least be thankful that my iPod and everything else didn’t go swimming as well. : )

Ironically, water is the only thing I’m supposed to consume today. I can flavor it with limón, herbal tea or agua de pipa (coconut water), but that’s about it. Detox day 1 is proving to be only mildly difficult right now, however, because I woke up at 5 a.m. to run, this could prove to be a long foodless day. Nuts. (Bad choice of wording; it made my stomach growl.)

Ran a nine-miler this morning and it was glorious. No Monteverde hills!! I also managed to avoid the ‘tico shuffle’ again by pretending to be asleep until our resident Tico chaperone here at the apartment had gone out for his exercise. I tried to warn him last night about how far I would be running today, but he seemed undeterred…

Heading off soon to meet up with a West Coast chaperone to run through her itinerary at the Holiday Inn and then take her grocery shopping. I will be buying lemons, tea, coconut water and brown rice (for day 3when I am allowed 1 cup a day). Wahoo!

Hanging out solita at the apartment today : )
Chao pescado,
Jessica Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment