Thursday, July 5, 2012

Rice Thief

I have a mystery to solve and it involves my brown rice rations for the week.

Normally, I wouldn't mind. But given my constant state of hunger and genuine love of brown rice, I am simply curious as to where it's been getting off to. My agua de pipa supply is also severely diminished, and I probably only drank half of it.

Now, given that I live 4 other chaperones, I can narrow down in a hurry who might be taking my food. First, one chaperone never eats in the apartment, one chaperone just arrived yesterday morning and hasn't been eating the apartment, one chaperone eats with their assigned group mostly and another chaperone likes eggs...alot. But this last one does mostly eat at the apartment.

Up until now, there has been a general consensus that whatever is bought for us is communal and whatever you buy for yourself is yours (unless otherwise asked for). So the other night, one of the chaperones asked to simply try my agua de pipa, and I said, 'sure!' Apparently this meant open season. Last night I came home and had about a half a glass left. For a half gallon, this stuff is roughly $5. Not too thrilled, but I let it go. In this chaperone's fragile emotional state at the moment, I thought maybe the agua de pipa would help her out.

Then today, I'm sitting in our groups office working and I glance around the room and see a container with cucumber and what looks to be brown rice sitting on the desk on the other side of the room. Naturally, I investigate. Those aren't my cucumbers, but that's definitely my brown rice! How do I know this? No one eats rice at the apartment except me.  The container definitely came with the same person who's been snagging my coconut water all week too... Mystery solved.

Today I'm taking a West Coast chaperone to the megasuper and I plan on buying more coconut water. Before I leave, I will kindly ask the chaperone if she would like me to buy her own jug this time. : )
My rice ration for the day.

Contraband in the Gladware container...

Arroz y agua de pipa,
Jessica Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment