Thursday, July 12, 2012

Hot Tamale

Holy Toledo, it's hot here today.

I walked to school today (25 minute walk) at 9:10 a.m. and was sweating like no other. Why did I pass up the free transportation? Well, I decided to go to the bank and pay my impuesta de salida (exit tax) today. It's so much easier to do before getting to the airport regardless of when you fly out. I always like to do it ahead of time and because I didn't have much going on this morning, I decided today might be a good day to take care of it. And it was...except for the heat. I should have taken a picture of my shirt by the time I got here!

I forgot to recap my weekend because Saturday was Pool Day and it was amazing! I started off the day relaxing with Jonle by the pool where she lives eating frozen watermelon (it was last day of the detox!). We waited there until Muni and Jonle's son arrived from Monteverde. It was so great seeing them both!!

From the pool (where I got sufficiently burnt :( ) we showered and headed to the mall MultiPlaza. This.place.is.huge. It has three levels and probably 300 stores. Muni wanted to do some baby shopping and I ended up buying a dress from Mango (a Spanish based company). I need to remember to shop there more...

We were at the mall for the better part of the day and were considering going to a movie at one point, but as the day wore on we all were too tired to manage it. We ended the day with dinner (remember the gnocchi picture?) and a stop at Price Smart where Muni and Jonle shopped and I stayed in the car with Jonle's son making up rhymes. It was hilarious! Her son is almost 9 and we were trying to create a Dr. Suess book of our own.  Given how crazy our rhymes were, I think we succeeded. : )

Finally around 9:30, we headed home and on Sunday morning I packed up and headed here to the beach!

Today I transfer back to the Central Valley at 2:00 p.m.!

The picture of the pool is actually from this morning while I was waiting for the bank to open.  Conveniently, the place where I'm staying has a wonderful pool area. : )


Arroz y frijoles,
Jessica Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment