Monday, June 13, 2011

And so it begins...

Written yesterday (June 12)...finally got to internet access today!


My group arrived last night! They are lindísimos. I already like them. : )

We stayed at a beautiful hotel up on a mountainside. I woke up this morning and faced a dilemma on my morning run: do I run up the mountain and then back down, or run down and climb back up? I chose a little of both and proceeded to run laps up and down the mostly flat drive leading back to our hotel. I think the guard got tired of seeing me run past…

The group went on the Café Britt coffee tour today. It was not like I remembered. : ( It’s not nearly as entertaining this year and is completely different than last year. I hope it was only a fluke…

After the tour, we stopped by a mini festival at CPI that was celebrating the 20th anniversary of CPI! Afterward, we got on the road and headed off to Monteverde. Four hours later, we arrived!

I’m staying at the CPI residencies next to CPI. I have my own kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom in my own little apartment. It’s great! The only bothersome thing: apparently the boys took all of my food that Arelys bought for me to make dinner. They could have at least invited me over for food. : ) Guess it’s granola and fruit snacks tonight. It’s too late and too far to get something.

Another fun phrase: Fútbol americano es un deporte de animales jugado por caballeros; el fútbol es un deporte de caballeros jugado por animales.
American football is a sport for animals placed by gentleman; soccer is a sport for gentleman, placed by animals.


Cafe y Amor,

Jessica Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment