Friday, June 10, 2011

Braids and Bad Karaoke

Well, you can only check your email so much in one day, and I’ve exceeded the limit.

The morning was busy with printing things for my group and getting things ready for this morning. However, all of that ended around 10:30. I’ve gotten a montón done for grad, so I’m happy about that. I won’t speak too unkindly of being bored because I’m sure I will eat my words in a week. : )

Last night was fun at the house. Jesús (the chaperone who is staying at the same place as me) and I hung out on our second floor patio listening to really terrible karaoke being sung from about 3 blocks down. That’s right, three blocks…that should give you a good idea of how loud they must have been singing. And it still sounded bad from three blocks away. : )

After that, I started reading a book and listening to Jesús crack up laughing at youtube videos in the next room over.

Tomorrow I get my first group! I’ll pick them up in the evening and we’ll leave for Monteverde in the morning after a Café Britt tour. Pura Vida.

I learned a couple of new Costaricanismos today: Guilas= children or women; Guilerio=a lot of kids, or a lot of women







Meggie y yo!




Trensas! (Braids)




Mucho amor,



Jessica Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment