Wednesday, June 22, 2011

There’s Appropriate Beach Wear, And Then There is…

There are some lines that should never be crossed and some fashion rules that should never be broken.

That being said, my chofer today at the beach stripped down to his underwear to swim with the group—first rule broken. The kicker? His skivvies were tighty-whities. Second rule broken. Hey, swing for the fences, right?

I arrived on the scene just in time to hear the group of girls squealing, “Jessica! Look at our chauffeur!” I had been out showing Nanou and Jesús around Tamarindo and the group decided to teach our chauffeur how to swim. They assumed he would leave his shorts on. At this point, I’m just thrilled he left something on. Squinting, I spotted our driver out in the ocean bouncing around with a boogie board and itty bitty white boxer briefs. Leaving little to the imagination, he strutted around the beach for the next hour until he dried off enough to put his clothes back on. Heaven help me…

So...I took a picture.


And on that note…there really isn’t much else to report. Must be a slow day if that’s all I have for you. We did some volunteer work yesterday at a local clínica and painted an exterior wall. Monday, I saw my first causality on the beach when a wave got the best of a student. He got knocked around pretty good by the waves and end up going to the hospital for x-rays. I’m happy to report that he is fine and doing well.

Nanou, Jesús and I hung out on the beach today which was fantastic. Love these mornings… I also learned a new phrase to describe my white body: yuca peleada (a peeled yucca plant, which is apparently super white) : )


Playa Tamarindo


Time to get a little done and move toward more productive things. I’ll write more later!


Tighty-Whities are hardly appropriate as under garments these days, let alone on the beach,

Jessica Lynn

1 comment: