Thursday, June 16, 2011

Waterfalls and Cookouts : )




Today the group hiked to San Luis Waterfall here in Monteverde. Despite all of my time spent here in Costa Rica, I have never made this hike. It was awesome! The hike took about 35 minutes to complete, and at the top was a beautiful waterfall. Naturally, I swam in its waters… Yes, it was cold. Did I try to climb up the side? Yes, I did that too. Mom, are you nervous yet? I’ll say ‘yes’ to that as well. : )

The hike down wasn’t too difficult, and I really enjoyed being out there. The trail had tree bridges and narrow pathways and you really had to watch your step. It was pretty cool. I’m looking forward to hiking more this summer here in Costa Rica and later in Alaska!

Oh, and I posted this to Facebook yesterday and meant every word of it:
I'm not sure who was behind the engineering of it, but putting the timed air freshener at eye level in the bathroom was a really really bad idea.

My head came out smelling like a weird combination of orchids and lilies (according the label). I started planning my bathroom trips around when I thought it might spray--which was every 12, 18 or 36 minutes.

Tonight we also had a BBQ at Muni’s house! It was amazing. The guys barbequed marinated chicken and made guacamole while we women made key lime pie for dessert. Julian, Jesús, Arelys, Muni, Adrian and I all hung out afterward just talking and relaxing. It’s been my favorite night thus far. I’ve missed Muni and Arelys : )

All right it’s late…going to try and sleep for more than two hours at a time!


Buenas noches,
Jessica Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment