Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Tico Cooking Attempt (And Success)

Master Chefs Jesus and Julian with their masterpiece


Written yesterday (June 14)...

Last night we chaperones (Jesús, Julian and I) decided to cook an authentic Tico meal at their apartment. I’ll go ahead and admit that they did most of the cooking because I arrived late after staying late at work to help Muni.

When I arrived at their place, they were in the middle of creating a salad and preparing a pineapple and mange smoothie. While the smoothie was a huge success, the salad, well…not so much. It had all of the makings of a good salad: tomatoes, lettuce (I informed them later it was cabbage), avocado and olive oil, but by missing vinegar it was missing a lot. I tried to add a little pepper and splash of limón, but to no avail. The picture doesn’t do it justice. It looked much worse. Nevertheless, it was edible and we were hungry.

The guys did a great job with the food (although Digna who works at CPI had to cook the rice and beans for them). The guys made plantains, a smoothie with pineapple and mango, tortillas and pork. It was so good! Gracias, señoritos : )

After dinner, we sat together and watched How I Met Your Mother. Just hanging out was really nice and it meant less time listening to the wind make weird noises at my apartment! : )

Ok…buenas noches!

Jessica Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment