Thursday, June 9, 2011

Sweated Chicken with the Pope

Days 1 and 2 are in the books.

I spent most of the day just hanging out at the school before going ‘home’ around 7:00 p.m. I am staying with Mayi and her family. Yay! I love staying there. There is another chaperone, Jesús, staying there as well, along with a woman from Kansas. It’s a full house!

I woke up this morning and went for my first run. 5 miles. It was toasty even at 5:30 a.m. I am hesitant to venture too far from my home stay (even with pepper spray) so I ended up running numerous laps around a church and soccer field. Looking forward to running in Monteverde…

I was re-trained in a couple of areas today that I needed to brush up on. This is useful considering I dive right in to my first group this weekend. We have added some new things this year like a Twitter account, Facebook page and other fun things to keep parents and the public in the knew about what all CPI is doing. It’s a great thing for the school, but it’s a lot of work for us chaperones!

I tried to be productive, but sometimes it’s a ‘hurry up and wait’ kind of thing. I did translate an entire itinerary into Spanish…so, that’s good.

Anyway, speaking of translations, Meggie tagged me today in a photo of a horribly translated menú.

What exactly is a Sweated Chicken, anyway? And do you like your Pope served with salad?



This is why you hire out for these sorts of things... : )


Hopefully heading back to the homestay soon. Yo adoro a mi familia tica!



Chop of pork,
Jessica Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment