Sunday, June 26, 2011

Back in Action

My new group arrived today!!

I saw my other group off on Saturday morning at the Liberia Airport. Liberia's airport has been major upgrades since I last flew out of there with Kristen 2 years ago. (Sister Bear, you wouldn't even recognize it.)

Friday night we had a farewell dinner and fogata (bonfire) on the beach which is always fun. : ) I almost forgot to mention the snorkel cruise we went on that morning. Now, Kristen, you would recognize this scene: Storm clouds, dangerously high tides and a lot of rain on the horizon. It was a wild boat ride out and back to say that least. I sat up with the capitan and crew so I could watch everything and it was quite the image to see these enormous waves crashing over the front of the catamaran. Deadliest Catch, anyone?



Saturday after the drop off, I headed back into the Central Valley where I will spend most of the next four weeks. I'm staying in an apartment next to the school right now with Jesus and Nanou until they leave with their West Coast groups.

Saturday night, Julian, Jesus, Nanou and I decided to go out at around 11:30 p.m. to a place called Dos Doce (Two Twelve). Upon arriving, we noticed a big group of people standing outside not being allowed to enter, about 14 police officers standing around and security guard holding a shot gun. Apparently a fight had broken out right before we had gotten there, and we arrived to seeing a guy being carried out by his buddies still wanting to fight someone, as well as three hysterical girls. It was quite the event...

At midnight, we decided we would be better served to just cab it over to Heredia and find a place to go. We walked into Rancho Fofo and discoverd it was Two for One coctail night! We all decided to try something different. Julian and Jesus ended up with the girliest (and best tasting drinks) and Nanou and I with the man drinks. Jesus got the award for best pick of the night: Saltamontes.

All right, it's after hours at the office. You know what that means...everyone is giddy. We're all going out to dinner tonight (Arelys, Jonle, and all of the chaperones). I can't wait!!!

Amor y amor,

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment