Saturday, June 12, 2010

Aguaceros y Hambre

Bueno…

Hoy fue muy productivo por la mañana, pero en la tarde, yo no hice nada.

Today, I got up, ran, and headed to work at 9:00 with Sonia. Together we work for about 3.5 hours getting folders ready for groups and taking care of details. By 12:30 p.m. the U.S. soccer team was playing, we were done working, and we were hungry. We watched the first half of the game and then made soup for lunch before watching the second half. It is now 4:00 p.m. and I have been at school this entire time. I will probably be here until 7:30 or 8:00. Rock on.

Sounds uneventful, but we are in the midst of monsoon like rains and lightening that is getting uncomfortably close to our grupos office. Two minutes ago I thought about venturing across the street to the pulpería for a snack, but the rain somehow managed to upgrade itself from a torrential downpour to something one might experience if they simply filled a 5 gallon bucket of water and just dumped it over their head. It’s beautiful actually.

I have been mildly productive this afternoon in my quest to reserve hotel rooms for my family. I have some great ideas and options for them. Now, I just need to make the reservations.

Sonia and I have been watching the news for a while now trying to kill time. It’s mildly working, but my hunger is starting to kick in. Time to go in search of food and to get ready for my group to come in!

¡Buenas noches y buen viaje mañana!

Jessica Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment