Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Going Extremo

On my way to work this morning!


Today began with a trip to Extremo Canopy Tours with my group. The last time I was able to do this particular zipline was 2 years ago when I was here with The University of Dayton. I’ve been on others since, but personally, Extremo is the best. It’s the longest/highest/fastest canopy tour. It has 12 cables, a Tarzan Swing and a Superman cable (new this year). Naturally, I would be inclined to like this zipline the best.

Toward the end of the zipline the group got to the Tarzan Swing and unfortunately I did not get to partake because I was taking pictures. The guides told me I could go twice next time. Tuanis. Anyway, the very last cable now has a new option: Superman. This means that instead of riding it like normal you can opt to be suspended in your harness from your chest and legs. You are literally facing the valley below you as you soar across the cable head first. It’s a pretty cool rush. Familia, prepárense. : ) Afterward, in town, I finally got my coffee ice cream! From there, we headed back to school for Spanish class and dance class (my favorite!).


Superman Cable.


I was telling someone today that I was pretty frustrated with my Spanish at the moment, but today has been a good Spanish day for me and I am relieved. Whew! I thought I was going to need remedial courses. We’ll see what tomorrow brings…

Ok, what started as a beautiful morning here has turned into wind and rain. It’s Costa Rica so I should not be surprised. Time for dance class!

Laundry night tonight with a washing machine! Those of you might remember from last year my laundry night involving my shower and ceiling fan and why a laundry machine this year is a really big deal.

Chao pescado!

Jessica Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment