Monday, June 21, 2010

What just happened here?

So I some how just volunteered myself to race a 5k tomorrow morning. How did this happen you might ask? I’m not really sure.

Yesterday in Arenal I ran with some of the group members on a ‘recovery run.’ However, it ended up being more like a 7k hard run uphill. The runners asked once on a climb if I wanted to slow down and I said ‘no’ because if I had slowed down I never would have made it. I think they took this as a sign of competitiveness.  Near as I can tell, this is how I got pulled into a race tomorrow morning. Oh dear. This should be fun. : )

We did put a small wager on it, so the efforts won’t be for naught. Dos refrescos, por favor. Keep in mind though, I do not race 5ks—that is always something I have left to my brother and sister. Any racing tips might be nice. I measured the ‘course’ twice just to make sure it was accurate. Heaven help me. I told my host family that if I didn’t make it back for breakfast that they should come looking me.

Amor y suerte,
Jessica Lynn

P.S. Went surfing today--muy tuanis. : )
P.P.S. The button on CSI Miami is not the same en español.

1 comment:

  1. hope you kick his butt!! and i bet you kicked surfing's butt to amiga!

    ReplyDelete