Friday, June 11, 2010

Where The Sidewalk Ends

Today I got up at 6 a.m. to run. I like to play a game when I’m running called ‘The Sidewalk Game.’ It involves me figuring out where the next sidewalk begins when the one I am running on abruptly ends. It’s better than playing “Dodge the Crazy Tico Drivers” I suppose. I’ve found a nice quiet residential area to run in around here which is great, and considering the sun is up by five, I can get a good run in before work.

I spent the day in the office completing simple tasks until my boss and her family arrived. I was so excited to see them! The oldest son has grown so much! After a rather hectic afternoon, my boss and I finally sat down to go over the logistics of my group which arrives Saturday evening. I’m jumping right in. In the midst of everything though, I still had time for a pick up game of fútbol with two of the other chaperones and Diego. Diego and I won. : )

Finally, after returning to my homestay and eating dinner, Sonia (another chap.) and I sat for a while and just talked. It was a great way to unwind from the day. I have to go into work tomorrow for most of the day and help get folders ready for incoming groups and then around 4 p.m. I’ll start preparing for my group to arrive!

On a side note, I received my cell phone for Grupos yesterday and let me put it this way: I really upgraded from last year. This phone is a modern phone with modern applications and a color screen. It’s almost too much technology for me to handle after the dinosaur of a phone I received last year. Whoo!

Okay, I need to get ready for bed. I plan on multitasking tomorrow and watching the U.S. soccer game.

Heading to Monteverde Sunday!

Hasta Luego!

Jessica Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment