Monday, June 28, 2010

Waka Waka Eh Eh

Well I made it to Monday. Since Friday, I really haven’t had much time to think or write. Friday night I had a nice fogata on the beach with my group before heading back to my homestay. On Saturday, I had a ‘day off.’ Days off around here are in limited supply and by 4:00 p.m. I was in full work mode.

Saturday was spent hanging out in the morning watching the U.S. fútbol game with my friend and fellow CPI chaperone, Muni. She and I hung out at my host family’s house for the afternoon being lazy watching the game and enjoying the cool afternoon rain. After she left, I began working for the next 4 hours. I was in the midst of receiving the itinerary for my new group coming in Sunday and wrapping things up with my old group. I had so many things going on in my head, it’s a wonder it didn’t explode. I didn’t even have a full itinerary by the time it was all said and down. However, I somehow managed to coordinate things well enough that it looked like Sunday might be flawless.

Sunday morning, I woke at 5:00 a.m. for a run and to continue working before picking up my group to take them snorkeling. At the snorkel point, I had to say goodbye!

Anyway, from the snorkel point, I was whisked away to Liberia to meet the chaperone of my new group (West Coast Connection) at their hotel, take them to the supermarket and then to the airport to collect their kids. We waited at the airport for all of the flights, packed all 37 of them into a bus and headed to CPI Flamingo with pizza en route. At CPI they took their placement tests and we then headed to the hotel to check-in. After the hotel it was dinner and gelato before ending the night around 11:00. Whew. I made it. : )

That is my hectic life in a nutshell. Although it doesn’t look like much, it took a lot of intense planning on my part to see to it that everything went according to schedule (like picking up the pizzas on time and checking flights). My life slowed down a little today with a snorkel cruise and class. Más tranquila…

All right, time to check in on my estudiantes. I am teaching dance class tonight : )

Chao for now!

Jessica Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment