Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Tuanis Mae

¿Adivina qué? I’m having a great Spanish day. The group I have now is a Language/Service combo group so the chaperones really want to speak to the kids in Spanish all time. It’s great because then I have to speak Spanish all the time. I had a long conversation with the husband of the woman who runs CPI Flamingo at the volunteer site and it was great because I was actually participating in the conversation at a normal rate of speech. He complimented me on how good my Spanish was. I was thrilled! I finally feel confident again. : )

Secondly, apparently I have lost a lot of weight since last year. At least four different people from CPI commented that I looked a lot thinner and they couldn’t believe it was me. I didn’t realize I looked so different last year! It’s been the running, I know, but apparently it’s made a bigger difference than I realized. Today I ran 4.5 miles as the sun was coming up. I can only stand to run at early hours because the heat and humidity are at least mildly tolerable.

Tonight we have a fogata at the beach. The bonfires are always fun and an enjoyable way to end out a day. Let’s hope for no rain! We finished our volunteer at the school today and it looks great! Check out the pictures, it’s amazing how much a little paint can do for a place.

I unfortunately don’t have any great stories at the moment. My Tico experiences have been limited because I’ve mostly been working this year. I’ll keep my eyes out for fun Tico Facts and random animal sightings. Meggie and I are ‘working’ right now, so we are amusing ourselves with dance versions of Lady Gaga songs. Just another day in Costa Rica…

I should go do something productive.

Wieners and huevos,
Jessica Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment