Thursday, July 22, 2010

Coconuts



Here is an update of what my family and I have been up to for the past few days:

1. Watched a volcano erupt…sort of. It glowed red, so that counts.
2. Ziplining through a cloud forest…in the pouring rain with a little lightening.
3. Went surfing…or something that more resembled boogie boarding on a surfboard.
4. A really large raccoon bird-dogged my brother at the hotel…”I ain’t playin’” was his response as he bolted across the pool deck to get away.
5. Went on an ‘Adventure Snorkel’… although it was agreed that the company should probably remove the word ‘adventure’ from their title.

We are having a great time! The weather has cooperated and we have been enjoying the pura vida lifestyle down here. We are currently in the national park called Manuel Antonio and enjoying relaxing time on the beach and at our hotel. Tomorrow we are headed back to the central valley to spend our last few days touring around and visiting Café Britt!

Our accommodations here in Costa Rica have been amazing. CPI helped me book a few of the places and they are phenomenal! The food we have been eating has been equally as delicious and of course, the ice cream never disappoints!

On a side note, besides the hand-painted ox cart I am bringing home, I am also bringing home a bacterial infection. I received an insect bite (or something) about three weeks ago, and it never healed. In fact, the wound has been growing. Despite my stubbornness about wanting my body to heal on its own, I broke down today and went to the farmacia to get some medicine. Here in Costa Rica, if the ailment isn’t life threatening, you can simply go to the pharmacy and a pharmacist will recommend and give you medication. When I showed the woman my leg, she simply told me this was pretty common in Costa Rica and gave me an antibiotic and cream. I’m hoping it all goes away…

It’s time for dinner here in Manuel Antonio! We have a good recommendation, so I’m looking forward to dinner. My Spanish skills have yet to order us half of the Burger King menu, so I’m feeling successful. (In Spain when my brother came to visit, I accidentally ordered what seemed like half of the BK menu for us one night at dinner.)

¡Buen provecho!

Jessica Lynn

1 comment: