Saturday, July 17, 2010

Thumb Twiddling

Cafe Britt Coffee Map from yesterday. Very useful information for coffee lovers.

Today was my last day of work. I would like to know where in the world this summer has gone.

This morning at 4 a.m. my group left for the airport. I didn’t go with them so I said my goodbyes last night. It was a whirlwind of a night full of food, memories and fun. After the Café Britt Coffee Tour we returned to our hotel to get ready for the farewell banquet dinner.

I arranged a fantastic meal at a place called Los Cebollines. The ambiance was phenomenal and we had a private room all to ourselves. Dinner was excellent and my cheesecake dessert was amazing. We followed dinner and dessert with presentations from the kids and staff. I even joined in on a skit! We also had a birthday to celebrate so earlier in the day we bought a cake and when it was time, the Los Cebollines staff brought in a sombrero and we all sang and ate cake. It was the perfect send off meal.

Back at the hotel we had some time to pack our bag and then there was a piñata to break. Sound like an overdose of sugar last night? It was. : ) We hung out around the pool until late and then the group and I headed to bed.

This morning I woke up at my normal time to go running. I relaxed in my hotel room, packed my bags, gathered my clothes to donate, and took a nice long shower and quiet breakfast. It was a wonderful way to wake up. I have not had a day like this the entire summer. I am hoping to spend today and tomorrow this way—taking time for myself. It’s a rare day even in U.S. that I take time to care for myself, so what better place to do it than in Costa Rica? One morning before my 5 a.m. run. My group thought I was crazy for running every day!


Time to spend the day with my boss’s family and their youngest son! I can’t wait : )

Paz, amor y libertad,
Jessica Lynn
P.S. 1.5 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment