Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Zigzagging

I have finally figured out the only way to run the roads in Monteverde and that’s by zigzagging wildly from one side to another. Yes, it puts extra distance on my run, but it’s really the only safe way. Monteverde is full of hills and turns and the best way to take a turn is on the outside (because cars cut to the inside). So as I approach one turn I sprint to the outside of it, and inevitably the next turn is in the opposite direction so I sprint to the other side of the road. I look like I can’t make up my mind, but I know exactly what I am doing. : ) Not efficient, but it works.

I had two Monteverde dogs run with me for a while, but even they gave up on the hill that looks like the ‘Big Nasty’ back home only six times as long.

*There are even more perks to being a guide: I got my laundry done for free at the hotel. Instead of paying $1 for every shirt and $.50 for every sock, I got it gratis. I dropped it off in the morning and it was waiting on my bed, folded, when I returned. Tuanis.

Mucho Amor,

Jessica Lynn

2 comments:

  1. These are so fun to read Jess. Sounds like a great summer.
    -Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. jeje si los perks de ser guia!!! aprendiendo sobre mas de estos tambe: ) cannot wait to see you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete