Thursday, July 15, 2010

Mordizco de Pitufa

Has anyone heard of a Smurf bite? Me neither until today. Apparently it’s pinching someone using a combination of your thumb stuck between your index and middle finger. It’s interesting and the name just makes me laugh.

Today was white water rafting day! Usually one of my favorite days with any group and today was no exception. The rapids were awesome! Maybe one of the best parts was when the rapids slowed down a bit and we had to make our own excitement. The other chaperone and I decided to attack the other boat and let the air out of the middle of their raft. When we got close enough to the other raft, the chap and I dove into the other boat. They had no idea what was going on so they initially were just surprised. They all started piling on the other sneak attacker and completely forgot about me. I let the air completely out of one inside tubes and jumped back into my boat unscathed. My accomplice managed to deflate 2 tubes. Success!

Later, in retaliation, the boys jumped from their boat to ours and managed to steal most of our paddles. One boy tried to pull me in, but using some back-bending evasive maneuver managed to stay in the boat. I also managed this once before when the male chaperone tried to pull me in. Apparently unsatisfied with their failed attempts, 10 minutes later in a sneak attack, two boys dove at me trying to take me down. I grabbed onto their life jackets and held on. The chaperone came from under the boat and tried pulling me in also to no avail. I think I had a death grip on the life jackets because I wasn’t budging for a solid 3 minutes of struggling on their end. Finally, I went in. I’m calling it a success!
The men that tried to take me down.

Also noteworthy: the ride to the rafting place today was rather pungent. The driver must have had eggs for breakfast. It was like riding in the suburban on a family vacation with my brother after a Bob Evens breakfast.
...We just returned from dinner and ice cream. Dinner tonight was Chinese food-Costa Rican style. It was so nice to change things up! I am completely exhausted from the day however and I’m turning in early. Tomorrow is the last day with this group and I can’t believe it! Where has the summer gone?

Buenas noches a todos!

Jessica Lynn

P.S. Maybe the cutest juice box I’ve seen down here. It made me smile. Welchito: Little Welch.


No comments:

Post a Comment