Thursday, July 1, 2010

Corriendo Las Olas


Surfs up! No really. The surf was way up today, and it was an awesome day on the beach!

My group had surf lessons in Tamarindo today (affectionately called Tamagringo) and because I have been to Iguana Surf so many times and been through their lessons about a dozen times, I decided to sweet talk the surf shop into letting me use a ‘real’ board instead of a beginner board. It worked! Instead of taking the lesson for the umpteenth time, I got to take out an actual board and ride the waves. It was a smaller board so I could manipulate in better, but that also made it more difficult to ride. No worries mae, it was still a great surf day!

I spent the rest of the morning wandering around Tamarindo and enjoying a smoothie before taking the group back to class at CPI. I’m in the office now trying to get some work done. Tomorrow the group leaves Flamingo and we head to Rincón de la Vieja for a couple of days (a beautiful national park where we are going horseback riding and river tubing). However, tonight we first have disco night in Tamarindo. : ) Looking forward to it.

Random sighting: A Monteverde dog in Tamarindo.

Also, the bonfire was awesome last night. I made the fire with another chaperone successfully in under 10 minutes. Nice.

Time to get dinner and get ready for disco night!

Always on the move,

Jessica Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment