Saturday, July 3, 2010

Cow in the Road, You Swerve to the Left


Or a horse. Or a monkey. Or an agouti.

I nearly jumped out of my skin this morning on my run, when a seemingly harmless group of cows came out onto the road I was running on. I’m a friend of cows back home, but apparently I startled them enough this morning that they all took off in a frenzy of hooves and utters. Normally, I wouldn’t mind, but the cows around here have horns. I decided to turn around. You win, cows, you win.

On my way back, I saw a few horses in the road and then an Agouti scurried across the road. An agouti happens to be a rodent that looks a lot like an oversized combination of a hamster and a rat.

A nature sighting that I forgot to mention yesterday was a howler monkey in Flamingo. I was startled as something darted off the road, into the brush and up a tree, until I realized it had a tail and was perched in the tree later on. Monkey sounds.

By the way, here is a token picture of me on the horse yesterday. Look at my knee. See the brown spot? Yes, that is the knee that went up the other horse's butt...twice.


Time for a hike around the national park!

Animales y Amor,

Jessica Lynn


Feliz cumpleaƱos abuelito : )

No comments:

Post a Comment