Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Naming of Birds

The office today has kept me preoccupied, and I was given a rather frustrating task of reorganizing an itinerary for a group. Reorganizing wasn't frustrating, but whatever program this particular school used to create it was immensely frustrating. On top of that, it was cold in here today! My only saving grace... Café. : )
However, since the office is winding down a little, I've now concentrated my efforts on learning bird names. Notice I am currently at 100% accuracy. : )




Can you correctly identify the bird?
Why, you might ask, would I care to learn seemingly every bird species know to man? Is it because I'm in a part of the world with hundreds of different species of birds? Is it because I've decided to expand my ave knowledge and better myself?

Not exactly. It's because every time I am asked to identify a bird flying high above or perched in a tree or on a collision course for the car by my novio, I fail. Miserably. (Besides common birds, I can now sort of identify a Red Tail Hawk and Turkey Vulture.) So, in an effort to help me out and increase my confidence, he suggested the app: Birds!

Never saw this coming: I'm now addicted. Gracias, novio. : )

While I've gotten really good at naming the birds on screen, I've yet to put it all into practical application. I can assure you that I will be quizzed when I get to Georgia this summer. I'll keep you posted on the confidence level, because right now, I'm feeling pretty good!

Pájaros en la cabeza,

 
Jessica Lynn


Oh, and this is Calvin. He's some sort of parrot.


No comments:

Post a Comment