Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Tico Shuffle

Today I ran with a Tico.

Well, run is a relative term. I ran. He shuffled. I never broke a sweat.

This particular Tico is one of the chaperones staying at the chaperone apartment right now, and I actually tried to sneak out this morning without him hearing me. My fear? The Tico Shuffle.

I've witnessed the Tico Shuffle too many times on my morning runs, and prayed I would never have to participate. My fears came true today.

The Tico Shuffle, as I've termed it, consists of arms up high (think alligator arms), straight back, butt out and knees barely off the ground, shuffling a grueling 10 minute mile pace. I don't run fast, but Lord help me.

Convinced that he ran alot, we covered around 8k. When we finished he asked, "Don't you sweat?" And my excuse followed that I was dehydrated...

The following is my best representation of the stance involved for running. It's as awkward and uncomfortable as it looks.
Well anyway, I just got my assignments for the next four days it looks like it's going to be really busy! However, I get to go the embassy tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to that experience!

Today, I even painted my own ox cart wheel for the first time. The painters leading the class had to pick the best one at the end...it was actually mine. However, because they didn't want to choose the guide, they chose one of the students. No lying here...they actually told me this. : ) I'll take it for only having 30 minutes to complete mine...

Finally headed home for the night--pretty pooped on this end. Hasta luego amigos!

Pura vida,
Jessica Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment