Monday, June 11, 2012

Spoonless Cereal

One of the many things I get to encounter down here is new experiences--each and every day. Or in this case, every morning since I've been in Monteverde. I haven't been able to locate a spoon for cereal in the morning since I've been here. The first day was really rough... I had already poured the milk before I realized I didn't have any utensils. I used a combination of slurping, scooping and every other bad food eating habit your parents tried to break you of as a child.  Since then, things have improved because I just eat the cereal dry.

However, things are really looking up for tomorrow as I have finally located the utensil drawer! I know this isn't my first rodeo (pronounced: roh-day-oh) and I have lived in this apartment before, but I definitely misplaced the utensil drawer. I won't try and rationalize how I couldn't find it because you'll never believe me, but it's not where you'd think (or like) it to be. I only stumbled upon it when I was diagnosing why the refridgerator was no longer running. Killed two birds with one stone didn't I?

Take a gander at the foto below and tell me where you think the drawer is. First person to guess correctly gets a free bag of coffee... : )

I am fully aware that I'm setting myself up for failure--only because looking at this picture it is now really obvious. Nuts.
Not a lot else going on (clearly). I actually have a lot more grad school work to do than I care to admit to, so it's probably time to get started for the night.


Looking forward to eating cereal like a decent human being tomorrow,

Jessica Lynn

5 comments:

  1. Is it in that middle wood drawer in the lattice cabinet thing? I love reading your posts it takes me back to our clase de espanol. :)

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely in the wooden drawer of the iron lattice cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Free coffee to both of you. It's super obvious now...but not when you're hungry at 5:00 a.m. : )

    Chris-Those days were great!
    Mindy-You and Josh would love it here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha Jess!! If I guessed I don't think it would count...lol glad you are getting acostumbrada again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was about to put a clause in there about you guessing... : )

    ReplyDelete