Thursday, June 26, 2014

Coffee Beaker

Gabby already reported on this, but our coffee maker in the apartment consists of a coffee beaker instead of a coffee pot. It has been my goal since arriving in Monteverde to use the coffee beaker at some point. Considering that I transfer out to the Central Valley tomorrow, I was running out of real estate in terms of mornings to use the mechanism. Thus, I decided this morning I would use the coffee machine.

I don't claim to know a lot about coffee making unless it's in a french press or Keurig machine, but my attempt this morning failed miserably.  My coffee byproduct looked, and tasted, like diesel fuel.


I was sort of tempted to drink the coffee directly from the beaker, but I'm kind of glad I actually mixed it with leche y azucar. The milk and sugar didn't really help the awful taste, but it was better than drinking it straight.

I didn't finish the cup. In fact, I only drank about two painful sips before dumping it out.

In reality, my only goal was use the coffee beaker so, mission accomplished.

I promptly came to school and got a cup of properly prepared coffee.

Pura vida,

Jessica Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment