Friday, June 27, 2014

Monteverde Mornings

I am unsure that there are better mornings anywhere in the world outside of Monteverde.

During the rainy season it is not always possible to have them, but when you do, they are cool and beautiful.  It's not the cool, Autumn mornings we have in Ohio--those are beautiful too--but rather, cool and sunny with a crispness in the air that you only get by being in the mountains in the middle of a cloud forest. If the hills weren't so difficult to climb, I could run for days.

On the really clear mornings, you can see all the way to the Gulf of Nicoya with only a thin layer of clouds surrounding you.  The air is completely clear and the sun is warm. There is a slight breeze and the flowers are vibrant.

I head down the mountain this afternoon and will dearly miss my mornings like these. I have yet to find a morning more beautiful than the ones I experience here.

I can't really capture what it's like, but this is on my way to school looking out to the Gulf of Nicoya!

Pura vida,

Jessica Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment