Sunday, June 22, 2014

Los Llanos de Cortez Waterfall


This past weekend was amazing!

We started the weekend at Los Llanos de Cortez Waterfall. I’ve seen several waterfalls in Costa Rica and each one is as beautiful as the next--all in their own right, of course. No exception here! This waterfall was tucked back off the side of the Pan-American Highway with only a big, white cardboard sign with the word “Waterfall” spray painted in bright orange. You’d miss it if you didn’t know what you were looking for. We nearly did.

There is short hike to get to it and then you are there, standing in the warm waters of this breathtaking waterfall. I am astounded nearly every time I get to witness something like this.

I wasn’t going to swim too much since I was there with a group, but after a while I knew I couldn’t resist. How could I be standing there in this incredible place (Costa Rica + Waterfall) and not experience every part of it? So, I swam up under it and sat beneath the water as it came pouring down. What a feeling...

Enjoy the journey.

In a nutshell, my Saturday morning was incredible.

Pura Vida,



Jessica Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment