Friday, June 20, 2014

Giant's Mirrors




Honestly, who installed these mirrors? The Ticos didn’t do it. I’m the same height as they are, and I can’t even see in these things.

It must have been a Giant.

That’s the only logical way to explain this.

Why else would these mirrors have been hung so high? Never before have I noticed just how uneven my eyebrows are or tan my forehead looks. I’ve never had a vested interest in my hairline either, but given that I can't see anything else in these mirrors, I’ve started to take note of a few things on the upper 1/3 of my head.

The mirrors are so tall that I can't even practice my game face for horseback riding this weekend. You know, that pained smile that says ‘This activity is loads of fun kiddos! The last time I did it, I put my knee straight into a horse’s poo-filled hindquarters.”

Nope, I can’t practice my forced smile—but my forehead is looking pretty convincing.

Oh well, such is life. Maybe I’ll head down into the tiny gnome closet in this apartment and find a mirror that is short enough for my ankles. I’ve been meaning to take a closer look at them…

Pura Vida,

Jessica Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment