Friday, June 20, 2014

Viva la Sele!


Viva la Sele!

¡Oeeeee, Oe, Oe, Oeeee!  Ticooooos! Ticooooos!

¡Hoy, todos somos Ticos!

Work was nearly non-existent this morning as Costa Rica took on fútbol powerhouse, Italy, today in the World Cup. Hey, even I can band-wagon with the best of them.

What a huge win for Costa Rica! You can see from the pictures and video what a great celebration it was here in Monteverde. I can only imagine what the Central Valley looked like…

Anyway, what an amazing experience to have in another country—especially where soccer is so highly valued and followed. It’s like a segunda religión. It’s awesome. They celebrated today like I celebrated during UD’s run during the NCAA tournament. : )

Trying to watch the projection of the TV coverage.

Switching to an area more equipped for the eventual celebration!



On a side note… I went out last night! (There’s a Kenny Chesney song that’s playing in my mind right now.) Bar Amigos with the girls! It started at my boss’s house with dinner and wine and then carried over to the bar. We danced. A lot. I brought my figurative dancing shoes last night. (Where is Adam when you need him?) : )

I’m happy to report that I didn’t close the establishment down. Rarely do I do that in States unless I’m at Tim’s with my siblings or college roommates. In reality, as I’ve aged, I’ve happily settled into that comfortable point in life where you can leave the bar early, get a good night’s sleep, and wake up happy in the morning. That’s just what we did last night.

I’ll probably be staying in tonight though. I’ve also reached that comfortable age where going out once a week and/or month is enough for me. Jaja.

Anyhoo, it’s off to Rincon de la vieja national park this weekend with my group.

Heaven help me. I have to do horseback riding.

Pura vida (until I have to get on a horse),

Jessica Lynn



No comments:

Post a Comment