Saturday, June 14, 2014

Vamos los Ticos!

UPDATE!
I was at the airport when the Ticos got their first goal!!! I became fast friends with everyone around me. By the second goal, I was besties with everyone. Conversations went something like this:

¿Va con los Ticos?           Are you rooting for the Ticos?
Sí.                                   Yes!
Chóquela.                       Pound it.

I was fist-bumping and hugging whoever was near me. I didn't exactly seek it out, but when in Costa Rica... 

It was actually a really amazing experience to watch the pure excitement and pride after each goal and at the end when Costa Rica won.

VAMOS CON LA SELE!!

--  --  --  --  --  --  --  --

¡Oeeeee, Oe, Oe, Oeeee!  Ticooooos! Ticooooos!

La Copa Mundial featuring Costa Rica plays today at 3:00PM. Ticolandia is a buzz with flags and official jerseys. I’m sporting one too!


Halfway through the game, I have to pick up my group. I can’t imagine my chofer is too excited about it. I’m not a die-hard soccer fan, but I’m even disappointed that in the middle of the game we have to leave. I’m considering wearing my jersey to pick up my group…


Pura Vida,

Jessica Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment