Sunday, June 29, 2014

"Yesica and Kely"

I got to meet up with my good friend, Kelli (or "Kely"), in Heredia yesterday!

She and I studied Spanish and Foreign Language Education together at UD. We also lived with the same host family, Loli and Jesus, when we studied together in Spain.  Our host mom in Spain always called us "Yesica and Kely", and so, the names stuck. 

Kelli has actually been living in Costa Rica since we graduated college, so every year I'm down here, we try to meet up and at least get lunch! We grabbed a cereva and some pizza at local restuarant/bar called Bulevar. It was too short of time together, but it was wonderful seeing her! Until next year... : )



A couple of noteworthy things:
1. I successfully took the public bus there and back! There is no need to take a taxi in the middle of the afternoon when a bus costs a total of $1.19 round trip.

2. I needed another set of pants for volunteer work with my next group. I stopped by the ropa americana store and bought a pair of Old Navy jeans for $11.90. I probably could have had "Hollister" for the same amount if I wasn't worried about my dignity being attached to a brand designed for 14 year olds.


3. I had to sleep on the sofa cama last night at the apartment. My feet actually hung off the end. Who is doing the designing around here?!



Pura vida : )

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment