Tuesday, June 17, 2014

The Last Few Days in Pictures

1. The Boruca tribe was here in Monteverde! They are indigenous to Costa Rica and known for their vibrant masks that tell of the story of conquering the Spaniards in the 1500s. I love their hand-painted and hand-carved masks! I bought this one (below) to add to my collection. Find out more about the Borucas here: http://www.boruca.org/en/



2. In Monteverde for the next 2 weeks! I love this place. You can see the Gulf of Nicoya from here (Pacific coast!).

3. Normal hiking/day wear. Plus, my arsenal of self-defense and survival gear--should I be attacked by another dog while running or lost in the bosque.


4. Finally getting some of the typical foods here that I love! (1) Gallo Pinto and fresh fruit for breakfast. (2) Aztec Soup. (3) Guanabana Smoothie


5. San Joaquin de Flores Catholic Church from earlier in my trip. Nice little town outside of San Jose, the capital. Fun fact: Catholic churches in Costa Rica face West! If you are ever lost here and can locate a Catholic church (which are in every town), you can at least figure out your cardinal directions.

7. This guy: Mack (and sister too!). Our 4 month old lab (and 23 year old sister) waiting for me back home. : )

Pura vida,

Jessica Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment