Saturday, July 30, 2011

Beach Bummin' 101

Waiting for the bus to Tamarindo....
From Wednesday July 27


Heading to Tamarindo for a few days to be a bum and accomplish my goal of becoming a bronzed beauty by the end of the week. I’d settle for just the bronzed part.

After work the guys from Georgia Southern are traveling with me from Flamingo to Tamarindo via bus público. They came to CPI Flamingo for the day to check it out and have decided to hang around until I get off work. They were also nice enough to reserve a bunk for me at the same hostel where they are staying. They are a good group of men.

Oddly enough, I am really looking forward to staying in a hostel again. The last time I stayed in one was in Spain during weekend trips out from Segovia. It was a fun experience just backpacking out for the weekends, and because I am a much more experienced traveler these days, I have a feeling I’ll be more adept to the hostel experience. Hostel stays have a feeling of adventure and companionship that isn’t found in regular hotels. There is a simplistic feel that suits the beach and Costa Rica.

The guys I’m traveling with also have the same mentality so it will make for a comfortable and relaxing few days.


I’ll be back in the Central Valley before my flight leaves on Sunday, but until then… Que Dios le cuide y que le vaya bien : )

Knee deep in the water some where
Got the blue sky breeze blowing wind through my hair
Only worry in the world
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?


My own kind of paradise,
Jessica Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment