Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Feels Like I'm Born Again




I sat and watched the sunset on the beach last night, solita. It was breath taking. I am always astounded at God’s beauty and how he chooses to reveal it to us. Whether it’s through human interaction in La Carpio or a quiet seat on the beach watching the sun dip down into the ocean—it’s there and it’s real.

As I sat there watching the puesta del sol, I was listening to a Third Day song called Born Again. Below are a few of the lyrics:

It feels like I’m born again,
It feels like I’m living,
For the very first time

For the very first time in my life…

From last year to this year, I have had a rediscovery of self and self worth. I endured an experience here last year that forever altered my view of the world and of the kind of humans that walk it. I am resilient and optimistic and know that not everyone is alike, but it was a difficult summer and past year. I had so many reservations about coming back to work this summer. The pura vida that once drew me in suddenly had betrayed me.

This summer has been beyond wonderful and has restored a lot of my faith and genuine hope for mankind. I have encountered so many beautiful people this summer and I adore them. I have been recharged and renewed in spirit and self this summer. I have broken ties that once held me back and used everything in my will to pave a new path.

Sitting on the beach I realized for probably the one hundredth time this summer how blessed I am to have this opportunity and to be here and feel like I do. The past will forever be with me, but I can move forward now. I do not pretend to no longer be affected by last year, but I do know that I was brought back here for the sole purpose of healing and growth this summer.




I have arrived.

Con mucho amor,
Jessica Lynn

2 comments:

  1. it was great to have you here again! miss you already. meet up in September?
    hugs <3

    ReplyDelete