Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Holy Heat and Humidity.

Saying goodbye to my all-time favorite group: Georgia Southern.


From July 24


Forgive the mental image: I’m sleeping desnuda tonight. Holy humidity, it’s hot here on the coast.

I’m lying on my bed in my current homestay with a fan pointed directly on me, and I’m still sweating. Apparently since the big inundación last week, it hasn’t rained here since. I never thought I’d ask this, but where has all of the rain gone, and why?

I arrived in Flamingo this evening and received my final group of the summer. I can’t believe I’m wrapping things up this week. I will actually only be with them until Wednesday because that is my last day working for CPI for the summer. I asked to have a few days off before going home. Wednesday evening or Thursday morning I am headed to Tamarindo to be a beach bum for a few days with a few friends that I made from the Georgia Southern group. Then, it’s back to the Central Valley for my return flight. Would anyone notice if I just ‘missed’ that flight? Probably. Nuts.

Tomorrow morning (Monday), I have a free morning because the school is closed to celebrate the Annexation of Guanacaste from Nicaragua. It’s a huge deal around here, so I’m taking full advantage of it by going to the beach all morning. In the afternoon, I have a volunteer project with my group. All in all, not a bad day.

Time to get some much needed sleep so I can get up tomorrow and get my running regime back on schedule. In an effort to hang out with my GSU group this last week, I totaled about 12 hours of sleep in 4 days. Love them…not loving this after effect of not sleeping. I’m pooped.

Dulces sueños,

Jessica Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment