Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Memories of España

I am learning all about España right now on T.V. There is one day left until San Fermines (aka The Running of the Bulls). This brings back so many memories of when John and I went together five years ago (July 7, 2007). First and foremost, John flew in from Oxford, England for the weekend and ran in it!! Secondly, we stayed awake for 48 hours straight thanks to my poor planning. : ) We wandered around Pamplona for nearly 21 hours just trying to stay awake so we wouldn’t miss our bus on Sunday morning after arriving on Friday night. Lesson learned about planning ahead…


Upon our arrival on Friday night in Pamplona


Regardless, it was a really amazing experience to share with my brother that I’ll never forget. I’ll also never forget the phone call to Mom and Dad afterward informing them of what he had done and that yes, he was alive and well. Sometimes it’s better to do something and beg for forgiveness than to ask permission. : )

John almost didn’t even run that Saturday morning, but I remember telling him, “Give me your backpack. You didn’t come all the way here not to run. I’ll meet you at the park bench when it’s all over.” It was a long wait for him to get back, but when he got there, he had the most amazing experience to talk about and share with everyone. Love you, Brother.


Naturally, John chose to run in the most dangerous part of the course: the start.


It should be noted that this was also the weekend that I infamously ordered half of the Burger King Value Menu for him and I. Whoops.


We ate everything.


All right time to learn more about España and go to bed.

Feliz San Fermin,

Jessica Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment